Skip to main content



My first-ever Etsy sale

Over the last week, I finally got my first sale through my Etsy store! I sold a flute my uncle made several months ago.

I first listed it back in August, and after the listing expired the first time without a buyer, I have to say, I was starting to get a little discouraged.

And then, this past Saturday afternoon, I picked up my phone after taking a short nap, and I nearly fell over when I saw the notification that one of my listings had sold. I had to read it two or three times to make sure I wasn’t misreading it.

That afternoon, I got the flute all packaged up for it’s trip out to California, but then I had to wait for Tuesday to roll around before I could get it in the mail. (Monday was Presidents Day.)

I cannot tell you how excited I am, even now, days later! Ever since I started listing back in August, every few days, it seems, a visitor to my shop would "heart" one of my items for sale, but I have to admit, I was starting to think no one was every going to actually buy…

Latest Posts

One super-short post because it's been a bead-less week

Social networking on seed bead projects

More photo practice, and a couple new Etsy listings

A new light/magnifier for crafts

Books: "Making Beaded Jewelry: 11 Free Seed Bead Patterns and Projects"

Beading photography is easier said than done

Seed beads and my aging eyes

Barrettes make my to-do list

My husband lends a helping hand for Halloween

Photographing beadwork is a tricky task