You Live, You Learn.

For the past several weeks, I've been working on a flat bracelet, using size 11 Delicas in a gourd stitch. I should've finished it within one week, however, I've had to undo my work three times now. Why? Because it's awfully difficult to see a mistake when both the dominant bead color and color of the string are black. In one instance, I had completed about 15 rows before I noticed that I didn't pull the thread tight enough, causing some looping.

Really, even with all of the unraveling and redoing, I should've completed this bracelet a couple of weeks ago, but I have a tendency to put something down for a while if I start to get frustrated. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of February, though, and maybe a couple more.

I've seen some magnifiers at Fire Mountain that I'd like to get. I think they'd really cut down on the need to redo. I'm just having trouble deciding which would best suit me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens