Back to the Blog

Earlier this evening, I was sitting in my kitchen waiting on the turkey filets I had bought from Walmart to finish baking when I had an overwhelming urge to write something. So here I am, writing my first post in quite a few months. I had no idea it had been as long as it has since the last time I did this. Life, you know.

Anyway, here is a quick update on what I've been working on.

• First, there is this:

This is the same gourd stitch bracelet I mentioned in previous posts, and yes, it's still a work in progress. I am only a handful of rows away from finishing it, but I noticed that it seems to bow a little across the top. I can't decide whether I want to pull another string through it to try to tighten it up that way or if I want to just pull out the stitches and begin again. Decisions, decisions.

My husband says it's not noticeable. As a matter of fact, he says he can't see what I'm talking about. However, I think he is trying to spare me from yanking the stitches out and beginning again, which is probably what I will ultimately wind up doing. 

• I've also been practicing the herringbone stitch. I love the texture that this stitch has. I've also been mulling over how I might use it in a future project.

• The third thing I've been working on is still in my sketchbook. It's a bracelet and necklace set that uses diamonds, but I'm on the fence about color, size and stitch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens