A Few Minutes Here and There

Because this is my first time working with deer skin, I wind up redoing a stitch about 50 percent of the time, but I'm making some progress when I can catch a few minutes to work on it. I even transported it to work, worrying the whole time that I get the threads tangled, but luckily, I got it there and back without a major mishap.

I've been doing a lot Internet searches looking for a good tutorial on how to stitch the deer skin pieces together, but I have yet to find one that makes sense to me. I think part of the problem is that what I've found so far assumes I have more knowledge of hand sewing than I do. Hopefully, I can find something that works for me soon. I welcome any recommendations from readers, even if they're in book form.

Freebie!

On Saturday, I got an email from ArtBeads giving me a $5 gift certificate for my birthday. I love that! If you haven't already signed up to get sales promos from ArtBeads, I recommend you do so that you can get some birthday bonuses, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

"Elegant Beaded Bags" by Sonja Hood