New beading supplies and a new find

A few weeks ago, I went to a Joann Fabric and Craft store for the first time in years, and I found these two items:


On the left are some connectors for making eyeglass lanyards, which have recently made my to-do list. One of my aunts used to make them, and back then, I used to think, "I just don't see why anyone would want that." However, now that I need reading glasses myself and realize how often a person has to put them on and take them off, I can see just how practical eyeglass lanyards can be.

On the right are some clasps I found on clearance. I'm not sure how they work, or even if they work, since I haven't opened the package yet, but hey, they were on sale.

On my to-try list is this item I found while flipping through a Fire Mountain Gems catalog that came in the mail, Tuesday:



I am intrigued by this. I can't wear earrings for more than a day because they always irritate my ear lobes. But if this works as promised, I could wear my own earring creations. Or, even better, some my sister and mom have made. A review on Amazon says it works only for a few months, so it would need to be reapplied every now and then, but I'm willing to try it.

Anyone out there try it? What did you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

"Elegant Beaded Bags" by Sonja Hood