Entering a Fun Phase


Because my schedule has been hectic, I haven't had a chance to work on any crafts lately (or to even blog about them), but I have a sneaking suspicion that completing projects may gradually get a little easier.

Right now, working on anything when my toddler's around is tough because she gets curious about what I'm doing. She's been known to shake the tray table that holds my beads, sending those teeny tiny things all over my living room. I also have to spend the whole time guarding my tools so that she doesn't pick up my flush cutters or some other device that she could seriously injure herself with.

Today, I put her in her high chair and gave her a piece of paper and some crayons, and for the first time, she created her own craft, even if it was just a white sheet of paper with a bunch of scribbles on it.

I know she won't be beading, knitting or doing anything else that complicated anytime soon, but I think we're getting closer to the day when that's possible. In the meantime, perhaps she'll have a blast coloring or working with felt or some other age appropriate craft.

She'll be making her own rings soon enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

"Elegant Beaded Bags" by Sonja Hood