The Best Freebie Ever

I like freebies anyway, but this one is by far my favorite. I got it from Fire Mountain Gems years ago as a thank-you for my order. At the time, I was still a beading newbie and had no idea how handy this little thing would be. It is perfect for digging seed beads out of their containers.

I misplaced it a couple of years ago, so I went to the Fire Mountain website to buy another. Darn the bad luck, I couldn't find one. I wound up going to a craft shop and buying a similar tool that's about the length of a spoon. It has a scoop on one end and a set of tweezers on the other. I thought I would get a lot of use out of it, especially the tweezers end for getting a good grasp on tiny beads. However, the scoop was a lot more flat and wide, making it easier to spill beads out of the sides of the containers. And the tweezers weren't as handy as I thought. It turns out, it's a lot easier and faster to just push your finger against spilled beads, making them kind of "stick" to your skin, then brush them off where you need them.

Luckily, though, I found this handy thing again about a year ago. If any beaders out there know where I can buy myself a backup, I'd be very thankful. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens