The "Hunger" Distraction

For months, the book "The Hunger Games," by Suzanne Collins has shown up as a "Recommended for (Me)" item on Amazon.com. I used to read a lot of fiction, but that kind of ground to a halt when I learned I was pregnant. My reading preferences then became "What to Expect When You're Expecting," and books like it.

With the recent release of the film version of "The Hunger Games," though, I decided to see what the fuss was all about, so borrowed a copy of the book and started reading it a few weeks ago.

On Saturday, I had big plans for getting some beadwork done, but I was close enough to the end of the book that I really, really wanted to finish. My desire to read won out, so I spent two hours curled up on the couch with the story until I finished, then I spent the rest of the day doing chores. So, no beadwork got done that day.

I have, however, completed another child's stretchy bracelet since then. This one also is in a checkerboard pattern, but I began another that has more of a diamond pattern on it. I hope to have at least 10 by this coming Saturday. If I do, I'd like to put them in my Etsy store, which has sat empty since I opened shop three years ago.

But I did pick up the second installment of "The Hunger Games" series, so that might be kind of tough.

Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens