I Lost a Lot of Good Beads on Wednesday

About a half hour before my husband and I were ready to take our daughter to day care so that we could go to work, my daughter reached for one of my open bead cases on my tray table. I tried to head off a disaster, so I reached for it, too, hoping to grab it in time.

Instead, both of our hands reached it at the same time, sending the beads all over the living room carpet. I moved the tray table out of the way, my husband put our girl in her playard, then we both picked them up. This time, I was lucky -- they were size 6 beads, big enough not to get worked down into the carpet very easily. Between the two of us, we got them picked up in about 10 minutes.

Then, I went to move my tray table, still topped with open bead containers (a smarter person would've put the lids on after the first fiasco), out of the way and wound up knocking the whole thing over. This time, a mess of size 11 beads littered the living room floor.

By then, we had no time to pick them up before we had to go to work. When I got home that night, my husband and I put our little girl back in the playard as we tackled the mess. After about 20 minutes at it and still not having reached the halfway mark, I brought out the vacuum.

I hate losing beads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens