"Designer Beadwork: Beaded Crochet Designs"

"Designer Beadwork: Beaded Crochet Designs"
by Ann Benson

The baby sitter my siblings and I had when I was about 8 years old spent a lot of time watching prime time soap operas such as "Dallas" (the original) while she crocheted blanket after blanket. Sometimes, she'd switch it up and work on a doily instead, but for the most part, she made blankets. I don't know where she put them all.

To keep my older sister and I occupied, they gave each of us about half a skein of yarn and showed us how to crochet, too. We'd make mini-blankets and unravel them only to start all over again.

I never learned to do anything more than a basic stitch, but that's all I need to know how to do to make the beautiful necklaces, bracelets, etc., in this book. I like that author Benson explains how to incorporate patterns into what you're creating, too.

This book is well worth the money for anyone who has an interest in both crocheting and beading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens