I have no listings yet, but I've been working on my Etsy shop. For readers who are interested, please click here. If you have any feedback on my policies or the "About Me" page, feel free to send them along.
Pixabay.com It's too late to begin Thanksgiving projects for this year, but I've been looking around Pinterest for a few ideas for next year and making note of my favorites for inspiration. I'm thankful for each and every one, because they all give me ideas for my own projects. Here are just some of the ones I've found that made me smile: Beaded pilgrims on Pinterest. These are some of the first ones I saw, and I just thought they were so adorable. Beaded pumpkin pie earrings , also on Pinterest. How clever! I think this is the first time I have ever seen pumpkin pie earrings. Turkey charms for a necklace and matching earrings. I haven't bought this pattern, so I don't know for certain that it uses double-hole Czech beads, but I think that's what it is. I love the colors of the turkey feathers and the layered looked. Turkey brooch pin . This might just be the cutest turkey I've seen today. I never think about making brooches. Perhaps I sho...
"Beadwork Creates Bracelets" edited by Jean Campbell I have a lot of reasons for liking this book. I bought this book fairly early in my beading hobby, and it showed me that a clasp doesn't have to be a premade finding. Of course, I've seen tons of examples since then of people using beads and string to create their own clasps, but at the time, it was news to me. On the subject of clasps, this book also showed me snap-lock clasps, something I'd love to try but I haven't found at any of the online bead stores I frequent. Perhaps I need to expand my search. Every project in this book is something I would personally wear, so they all are my style. I don't think I can say that about any other book or magazine I've ever picked up. (Not that other projects aren't cool or stylish; they just don't match my own.) This book has a mix of projects made with string and with wire, another bonus. I'd considered trying wire projects myself...
"Beaded Cords, Chains, Straps & Fringe " A Beadwork Magazine Project Book Another book from my beading bookshelf, "Beaded Cords" features two beading techniques I haven't seen in any of my other books: embroidering and spool-knitting. With spool knitting, the yarn does more than just provide structure to the project, it's also front and center in the design. When embroidering chains, beaders can either hide the stringing material or create breaks in the beadwork to let it it show through. Other techniques in the book -- spiral chains, daisy chains, loom straps, etc. -- but some projects, such as the Caduceus chain, put a new spin on them.
Comments
Post a Comment