Kindle Books

My mother-in-law got me an Amazon gift card for my birthday, and I had decided to use it to get a subscription to Bead & Button for my Kindle. My Kindle has a black-and-white screen, so I wasn't too sure how the images would reproduce. Then I noticed that Amazon lets customers try out magazine subscription for two weeks, so I figured I had nothing to lose. However, I won't even be able to try it because this particular magazine subscription won't work with my Kindle. Bummer. It will work only with a Kindle Fire.

I got the Kindle as a gift from my husband last Christmas, and one of the first things I did was buy a digital bead book. It's called, "Simple Seed Bead Rings You Can Make" by Janis Websdale. The book itself was fine. The pictures were pretty sharp considering they weren't in color, which is probably how they were intended to be viewed. But, it was pretty basic stuff. I have been making seed bead rings like the ones featured for about a decade. So, if any beginning beaders out there are looking for simple projects, this might be the book for you. For anyone who has been beading for a while, though, it's not worth the money.

Side Note: I'm debuting a new blog today. It's called Things I Wish I Could Draw and will be updated every Friday. To check it out, click here, then click on the image to view the post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens