A Beading Movie Character

A few years ago, I was skimming through an entertainment magazine one of my co-workers had left in the breakroom when he/she no longer wanted it -- a common practice at our work -- and I was stopped by a movie still that depicted something I recognize well. It showed a beading mat, a few beader's tools and some beads.

Until this moment, it had never occurred to me that movie characters have quilting, knitting, sculpting, crocheting and other crafty hobbies all of the time, but I don't think I've ever seen a fellow beader.

The movie (I believe) was "Paranormal Activity," and because the character and I have a common hobby, I thought about seeing the film. I haven't, though, and probably never will. Had it been any other genre, I would've watched it, even though beading quite likely takes up only five seconds of screen time. As I've gotten older, I watch fewer scary movies. For some reason, they scare me more now than they did when I was a kid. Therefore, I stay away so I can sleep at night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens