Couching

I bought some deerskin several years ago with big plans to learn couching. I have several books that contain patterns, but I have yet to give it a try.

About five years ago, I went to the Red Earth Festival in Oklahoma City. The event has tons of arts and crafts booths with the biggest variety of arts I've ever seen. One of the crafts vendors had some deerskin purses with couched beaded flowers and other images on the outside. I would've loved to buy one, but they were priced beyond what I was able to spend.

Ever since, I've thought about learning to do the same. I bought some deerskin off of eBay (and probably paid way too much for it), but I have yet to learn to make a purse or to couch. Perhaps after the festival in December has passed, I'll make the time to practice and learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

"Elegant Beaded Bags" by Sonja Hood