Cutting the Strings
I usually wait to cut the strings on any project until the end. Last night, though, I started thinking I might be better able to see how to unravel the tangled herringbone bracelet if the strings weren't in the way. So I cut them.
In one spot, though, I cut a little more than the extra string. One leg of the bracelet came undone. Since I'd have to go back and restitch that area anyway, I went ahead and cut another leg of the bracelet off. Now, finally, I have all three sections of the bracelet untangled and lined back up. I'm working my way through reconnecting them, which hasn't taken as long as I thought it would.
If I had known that fixing the tangle would've been this easy if I cut the strings, I would've done it a long time ago. Now this bracelet is back on track.