The Idea File

For years, I’ve kept a sketchbook, and when I have a fully formed (and drawable) idea for a beadwork project, I’ll scratch it out on paper.

As I strive to turn my hobby into a little more of a money-maker, though, I’ve wondered about the other ideas I have, the ones that aren’t yet patterns, just general thoughts I have about things I can make in the future, such as “Kids Halloween bracelets,” or “Halloween wall hangings.”

I’ve decided to write down such generalizations on the top of a single notebook page, then periodically, I can flip through the book and think a little more about the specifics. Then in the space below, I can write things like, “witches flying” or “rows of pumpkins,” etc.

My hope is that this will help me to always know what my next project will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

"Elegant Beaded Bags" by Sonja Hood