I Should've Been Beading

Ever since I first saw a trailer for the movie "Gone Girl," I've wanted to do two things, read the book AND watch the movie.* Apparently, I'm not the only one. I went to check out the e-edition from my local library and wound up at a waiting list that's 18 people long.

Once I got the book, I sat down and started reading immediately. I put on hold any beadwork and home projects I had been working on and dove right in, and I have to say, it was definitely a page-turner. 

But when I got to the end, I felt disappointed. (I won't say why because I don't want to give away spoilers. Besides, based on the book's popularity, I might be the only one who didn't care for it anyway.) My time, it seems, would've been better spent beading.

*Quite often, when a movie based on a book gets my attention, I crave buying the book. I want to get inside the characters' heads in a way you just can't when you're watching the movie. And yet, for some reason, I always want to watch the movie, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens