19 days until Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love the colors of pumpkins, watching semi-scary movies, the coolness of autumn in Oklahoma, and just seeing what every trick-or-treater I know wears for the big night.

Every year, I plan to get extra crafty for Halloween, telling myself I'm going to make a big pile of Halloween stuff for kids, then list it all on Etsy.

Every year, I also get very surprised by how quickly my window to get anything done closes.

This year, for instance, I managed to get one thing done. Just one: a glow-in-the-dark beaded pumpkin necklace I told my daughter she could have. I planned to also make a ghost and a witch, and I felt like I had plenty of time.

But here we are just 19 days from Halloween, and I'm wondering whether it's worth the hassle to try to get anything done. I plan to try; maybe if I have three to five items ready to go this weekend, I'll go ahead and list them on Etsy this year.

If not, at least I'll have a jump-start on Halloween for 2017.

Ah, if only I could quit my day job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

My Etsy shop reopens