The art of soap making

© Kadrof | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images

After seeing a Facebook video last week on bar shampoo, I've been thinking about learning to make soap.

The video argues that bar shampoo is better for the planet than traditional shampoo because users don't have a bottle to throw away.

At first, I thought about buying bar shampoo; organic versions are easy to find on Etsy. But then I thought I could probably save money if I learn to make both bar shampoo and bar soap myself. It won't be as pretty or as creative as the Etsy offerings, but it would be cheaper and I wouldn't have to worry about paying shipping fees.

So, when I have time, I've been looking at YouTube videos that show how to make and/or offer recipes for bar soap and shampoo. A few have made me a little afraid to use lye, describing it as caustic and recommending gloves and goggles, but I'm determined not to let that scare me off. Once I get the first batch made and cured, I'm sure I'll feel a lot more confident.

Is there a bar soap or bar shampoo video you recommend? Please share a link in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pumpkin earrings for Halloween

I've got a notion to sew a Halloween costume

"Elegant Beaded Bags" by Sonja Hood